If you’ve seen the movie “The Hangover Part II”, I can tell you, based on experience, that it’s pretty… spot on! But before I tell you my Bangla story, let me start with the “boring” stuff.
Part 1: Singapore
My journey to Phuket started in Singapore. The first time I went to Singapore (with my mom and her friends), I got bored. This time, it was a little better since I was with friends.
Where to Eat:
There are a lot of places where to eat good food in Singapore. You just have to be adventurous and have an empty stomach.
- Makansutra Gluttons Bay – You have to try the Cereal Prawns and the Sambal Stingray (average of 6 SGD per meal per person or 4-5 USD)!
- Nando’s – They have a Jumbo Platter good for 4-6 people (around 15 SGD per person or 12 USD).
- Ikea – Yes, Ikea. You have to try the Meatballs, the Chicken Wings and the Daim Cake (around 5-26 SGD or 4-21 USD).
- Pasta de Waraku – Japanese Pasta and Pizza. Don’t knock it till you’ve tried it (around 15 SGD per person or 12 USD).
- Barossa – I actually didn’t eat there. I just drank. Try their Archi Pelago beer sampler (12-32 SGD or 10-26 USD depending on size).
I’m going to stop here and add more on my next posts since I usually stop over Singapore or Kuala Lumpur whenever I go out of the country.